HOME

Why You Should Concentrate On Improving Audi G28

페이지 정보

작성자 Janeen 댓글 0건 조회 33회 작성일 24-05-16 09:04

본문

How to Replace an replacement audi a4 key G28 Engine Speed Sensor

Charles the Humble Technician teaches you how to replace the G28 Engine Speed Sensor. The sensor is located at the top of the transmission just above the flywheel ring gear. It sends a message to the ECU through a grey wire T55/49, then to the tachometer on the instrument cluster.

1. Engine Speed Sensor

Located on the edge of the transmission, above the flywheel ring gear, the G28 Engine Speed Sensor sends signals to ECU pin T55/49 via a grey wire. The ECU then utilizes this information to regulate the boost, fuel, and timig. It also sends an indicator to the G5 Tachometer located in the instrument cluster.

The sensor is used to correlate with the G40 Camshaft position Sensor. The ecu needs to know when the crankshaft is TDC and where the camshaft is located so that it can start spark and injectors in the right way.

If this sensor fails, the ECU will display a P00160 error code. This means that the Crank Shaft is not in line with the Intake Camshaft. It could also indicate the possibility of a chain stretch or jumped chain link in the upper chain. The code will not appear without the additional information supplied by other sensors (G4 or G40).

It is a little tricky to test because there are different pins on the connector, and each has its own functions. The most effective method to test it is to measure the resistance between the ECU and the sensor. It should read approximately 1000 ohms when it is operating at its maximum. Look for signs of coolant or oil in the connector bay if you are experiencing issues with this part.

2. Injectors

Yesterday, when accelerating from highway paytoll at a high speed I noticed a significant decrease in power. It was as if the engine had run out of gas. Or, my injectors weren't firing. I pulled out the spark plugs this morning and found that 3 were soaked in gasoline, and the fourth was dry. When i crank the engine, there are no sparks, I put a piece of tissue on the top of each of the injector holes, the 3 drenched with gazoline jump out but the 4th stay shut. I checked the ground connection of ECU pins 14,30 and 48/55. I found zero ohm. I'm assuming that the issue is elsewhere.

I also tried to reset the PID with no success. The car will start when the G28 is unplugged, and it is running fine with the G28 connected. However, the intermittent misfire problem still occurs at higher RPM. The coolant sensor (G62) even when it is unplugged, shows a temperature of -49c. Also, i noticed that the oil pressure gauge in the cockpit shows 2 bar, whereas the actual pressure is 0.0 when i rev the engine.

I'm not sure what to do. I feel like i've pretty much all other possibilities out. However, i'm afraid that I may have missed something. If anyone has any ideas please share them! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump of the g28 gets a signal from the RPM sensor. The GM-style transmitter is similar to the G4 sender, and both operate on the 80,100,200, UrS, and RS2 vehicles. You can easily find an extra in a wrecking shop or parts store. Testing them is easy by putting your DMM in resistance mode and measure the resistance between pins 1 (with the bump on the connector end up) and 2 (2nd from left on the black end of the connector). They must be infinite ohms.

4. ECU

Nissan-New.pngThe ECU of our 20vt turbo (3B AAN ABY) engines needs to know both the position and speed of the crankshaft in order to make a decision about timing of fuel injectors, etc. It uses a Crank Position Sensor G4 and an Engine Speed Sensor G28 to accomplish this. If either of these sensors go bad you will get codes on the diagnostic scanner which could cause engine shut down.

Some of the symptoms of a malfunctioning G28 sensor are an inaccurate rev counter in the gearbox and gears that shift faster than normal, and/or a misfire when in gear. If you experience any of these issues, it is likely that your sensor is deteriorating and should be replaced. The good thing is that they are very cheap and easily accessible, especially if you're looking at an Bosch model, which is what we have. You can also choose the GM version of this component is also a good option.

5. Tachometer

A damaged engine sensor could cause a number of problems in your vehicle. It is an important part of the transmission in your Audi Q3 Key because it relays information to the ECU on how fast or slowly the engine is spinning. This sensor can cause the transmission to fail and other components in the car to be affected.

The G5 engine speed sensor is located at the edge of the transmission, above the flywheel ring gear. It sends a signal to the ECU at pin T55/49 through a grey wire. The ECU then uses and processes this signal to control the flow of fuel, timig and boost as well as sends it on to the G5 tachometer inside the instrument cluster. You can determine if the sensor is in failure by examining the continuity from the sensor to the tachometer. You can also check continuity between pin T55/49 of the ECU and Audi Q3 Key pin T6a/1 of the instrument cluster (trace [79]) and between pin T6a/1 as well as pin T26a/12. You should observe approximately 1000 ohms of resistance between those points. This is the same across the audi spare key 80-100-200-RS2 model, ranging beginning with the 1985 MC and up to the 1997 UrS AN and 1995 RS2 DU, so you might find them in wrecking yards.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.